Start date: 1st August 2018
Duration: 1 year, full time
Who can apply: Doctors who have completed their M.D. Pediatrics or D.N.B. Pediatrics or DCH (Diploma in Child Health)
Sethu will train 1 Fellow each year in Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics at the Sethu Centre for Child Development and Family Guidance, Goa. The Fellowship Program is a full time training course (8 hours per day from Tuesday to Saturday) and the selected candidate will be expected to fulfil all the training conditions.
The structured, sensibly designed one year long training program will provide a thorough and detailed understanding of typical child development and common developmental difficulties in children across different age groups like Autism Spectrum Disorder, Learning Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Intellectual Disability, Genetic syndromes, etc. The program involves case work, individual teaching, group discussions and hands on clinical training with close supervision. The Fellow will be trained to interview children and families and conduct comprehensive developmental and behavioral assessments (through detailed history and formal assessment tools) to arrive at a diagnosis. The Fellow will learn how to discuss the diagnosis and its implications with the family, as well as prepare a management plan along with them to ensure appropriate interventions for maximum benefit. S/He will also learn about the systems and procedures required for a Child Development Centre to run well.
The faculty includes the following, as well as other helping professionals:
Developmental Pediatrician: Dr. Nandita de Souza
Autism Interventionist: Andre Velho
Child Psychologists: Shenessa Barretto, Aileen D'Souza & Silvia D'Souza
Special Educator: Rani Venatt & Madhura Manerikar
Speech Therapist: Anjali Nunes
Occupational Therapist: Mahera Kantawalla
During the training, there are many opportunities to work with and learn from a multidisciplinary team of professionals, who deal with a case load of over 1000 children and families every year.
1. The information for candidates to apply for the 2018 - 19 batch is featured on the website www.iapndp.org. Please read these instructions carefully
2. The application form must be correctly and completely filled, with all documents attached, as per the guidelines provided by IAP.
3. The candidates can start applying from 5th June 2018
4. Last date for students to apply to Sethu is 25th June 2018
5. The application form must be submitted, together with the application fees of INR 2500 by demand draft in the name of 'Sethu'
6. The interviews for selecting suitable candidates will take place between 2nd - 7th July 2018 at Sethu Centre, Goa.
7. Please email the filled in application form with the scanned documents as mentioned in the application guidelines, as well as the demand draft of application fees to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cc to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. You must also send/hand in the hard copy of the form, demand draft and documents to Sethu Centre for Child Development & Family Guidance, 240/2, Bhutkivaddo, Sucorro, Bardez, Goa 403501 to reach latest by 25th June 2018.