Start date: 1st August 2017
Duration: 1 year, full time
Who can apply: Doctors who have completed their M.D. Pediatrics or D.N.B. Pediatrics or DCH (Diploma in Child Health)
Sethu will train 1 Fellow each year in Developmental and Behavioural Pediatrics at the Sethu Centre for Child Development and Family Guidance, Goa. The Fellowship Program is a full time training course (8 hours per day from Tuesday to Saturday) and the selected candidate will be expected to fulfil all the training conditions.
The structured, sensibly designed one year long training program will provide a thorough and detailed understanding of typical child development and common developmental difficulties in children across different age groups like Autism Spectrum Disorder, Learning Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Intellectual Disability, Genetic syndromes, etc. The program involves case work, individual teaching, group discussions and hands on clinical training with close supervision. The Fellow will be trained to interview children and families and conduct comprehensive developmental and behavioral assessments (through detailed history and formal assessment tools) to arrive at a diagnosis. The Fellow will learn how to discuss the diagnosis and its implications with the family, as well as prepare a management plan along with them to ensure appropriate interventions for maximum benefit. She/he will also learn about the systems and procedures required for a Child Development Centre to run well.
The faculty includes the following, as well as other helping professionals:
Developmental Pediatricians: Dr. Nandita de Souza and Dr. Elyska D'Sa
Autism Interventionist: Andre Velho
Child Psychologists: Shenessa Barretto & Silvia D'Souza
Special Educator: Rani Venatt
Speech Therapist: Anjali Nunes
Occupational Therapist: Mahera Kantawalla
During the training, there are many opportunities to work with and learn from a multidisciplinary team of professionals, who deal with a case load of over 1000 children and families every year.
1. The information for candidates to apply for the 2017 - 18 batch is featured on the website www.iapndp.org. Please read these instructions carefully
2. The candidates can start applying from 5th June 2017
3. Last date for students to apply to Sethu is 5th July 2017
4. The interviews for selecting suitable candidates will take place between 10th - 15th July 2017 at Sethu.
5. Please email the filled in application form with the scanned documents as mentioned in the application guidelines to [email protected] or [email protected] You must also send the hard copy of the form and documents to Sethu Centre for Child Development & Family Guidance, 240/2, Bhutkivaddo, Sucorro, Bardez, Goa 403501 to reach latest by 8th July 2017.